11 November 2008

Diagnosis:

.
The verdict is in. I am officially in election-withdrawals. It's 11:00pm and instead of crawling into my warm bed and being glad that I get a few extra minutes sleep, I'm here with my laptop. I'm busily scanning CNN and other news sites, desperately looking for something new and interesting. I still have all the presidential election statistical/polling sites bookmarked, but I haven't visited them. I know I should probably file them away in a folder a little deeper down than the toolbar across the top of my browser. (You know the one - where you file all the sites that you visit every day?) Then again, there isn't another presidential election for 4 more years. Surely there will be other sites (even new technology?) and many amazing advancements in that time. I wonder if the sites I have been checking for months will even exist in 4 years. It's hard to delete them, though. It's difficult to admit to myself that they've served their purpose, and might be no longer useful. Does this mean I'm a cyber-packrat?
.

No comments: