03 November 2008

Undecided? Really?

.
Like many other people in cyberspace, I think that if someone is truly "undecided" on who to vote for, they need to just stay home tomorrow. I can't imagine that anyone who has a television/radio/newspaper/friend can actually still be unsure of which candidate that they favor.

Now, that said, I'm sure that there are people who typically vote with their party, but don't like their candidate. For instance, I've heard of people who vote Republican but don't like John McCain (or Sarah Palin), but can't bring themselves to vote for a Democrat. Or, in some of those cases, perhaps they can't bring themselves to vote for a black man. Neither of those reasons qualifies as "undecided." Those are people who know what is important to them, and have most likely researched the issues as much as anyone. What it does mean is that they don't like their choices.

I talked to a friend this weekend - a very conservative friend. He said it looked like Obama would win, and that he wasn't going to vote. I was shocked - I was really hoping to be able to cancel out his vote! His line of thinking is that neither candidate will be any different. They all talk a good line and may have some good theories, but nothing ever really changes. While I'm saddened to think that he has so little faith in our leaders, there's a small part of me that hopes that there are other Republicans out there in Collin County that think the same way and stay home tomorrow. But, there's also part of me that thinks that, no matter the odds of your candidate winning, you should exercise your right to vote.

One vote may not decide this election or any other election, but your one vote with that of a few others might just be enough to make a huge difference.



.

No comments: